The 2013 SCBWI Crystal Kite Winner
June 8: Come to Critiquenic
Save the Date: 2013 Graphic Novel Workshop
Austin SCBWI Welcomes New Team
Kindergarten teacher at Magellan School, Missy Fleshman, is looking for a children’s writer to visit their school and share her or his work, to coincide with a lessons on fables. Missy may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512- 961-5289.
Possible dates are: May 22 or May 29, and if not those, then May 23 or May 30. Afternoon would be best. From Missy: “It does not matter if they are published or not. However, it might be a good thing if they bring a book that they helped work on or that they have some personal connection with it. It might be nice to have someone who works directly with fables, but that is not necessary. The more important aspects are it be someone who values reading, stories and sharing in the experience. Ideally, it would be great if someone could volunteer their time to do this as we are limited in funds. If there is someone who can do it for a small fee we might be able to work something out. Thanks again for all your help in this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.”
Next Austin MeetingMonthly Meeting: Lynne Kelly, Plotting for Pantsers
Austin SCBWI News
- Speaker’s Bureau Updates [posted in Member News]
- Erin McIntosh, the Writer’s Journey, and an Inspiring Event [posted in Member News]
- Local Austin Talent “Found Poetry” [posted in Member News]
- Conference Scholarships [posted in Events, Opportunities]
- Debut Author Event Series [posted in Member News]
- Hats Off to Dr. Seuss! Coming to Austin [posted in Events]
- Read more news...