Posted August 11, 2011 in Events
Webster’s defines the term ‘symposium’ as a gathering where there is an interchange of ideas. SCBWI Austin has gathered together a number of local accomplished professionals who are well-versed in various aspects of the quick-moving, fast-changing business of e-publishing to lead us in such an exchange of ideas regarding Storytelling in the Digital Age. As a result of this symposium’s interchange of ideas, our creative community will be better equipped to embrace the changes before us in the continually evolving, ever-exciting world of digital publishing.
The fees for this event are $75.00 for members and $100.00 for non-members. Fee includes a morning coffee/ juice bar and lunch. Mark your calendars for Saturday October 8, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at St. Edward’s University - Fleck Hall.
For more detailed information and registration information: Storytelling in the Digital Age Registration Packet
Non-SCBWI Member Registration: $100
[merchant name="Non-Member Admission: Digital Storytelling" desc="Non-member pricing for Digital Storytelling, October 8, 2011" quantity="1" price="100"]
SCBWI National Member Registration: $75
You must be a current paid member of the National SCBWI to be eligible for this price.
What’s On the Agenda?
- Via Skype – SCBWI and Digital Storytelling with Lin Oliver, SCBWI Executive Director
- Creating and Maintaining Your Web Persona presented by Erik Kuntz
- Standing Out in the E-book Crowd: Storybook Apps, Enhanced Content, and Digital Marketing Extras presented by Deanna Roy
- Your Story as Electrons: Breathing Life into Words in the Digital Age presented by P.J.Hoover
- There’s an App for That presented by Amanda Williams
- How Do They Do That?: Creating Digital Books presented by Meridith Blank Taylor
- From Oop to App: The Transformation of Picture Books to Apps presented by Lindsey Lane
- Paper to Pixels: The Art of the Digital Paintbrush presented by Clint Young
- xtranormal: The Storyteller’s Dream Software presented by Zack Gonzales
- YouTube and the Science Behind Visual Learning presented by Joel Hickerson
- Storytelling in the Digital Age: Imagine presented by Ezra Weinstein
- The Indie and Age of Digital Storytelling presented by BookPeople
- Children’s Book Illustrators and Technology presented by the Girllustrators
- Social Media 101 presented by Nick Alter
- Getting Discovered: Why You Should ABSOLUTELY Give Your Stories Away for Free presented by Bear James